Unless they make sense to me. Then I am cooperative, part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Guidelines are okay. But rules…I need to know who made them up, and why? What’s in it for them? What’s in it for me?
Question things. (Especially yourself!) Don’t buy the party line. Go find answers for yourself. Continually seeking, learning and growing will keep you engaged and young-at-heart. Great underwear will keep you sexy. As will not following all of the rules for fear of what others will think.
As irony would have it, this week I have been inundated with lists of “rules-to-live-by” from friends. Knowing how I feel about rules, you can predict how I feel about lists of rules.
Some of them were great, especially if I chose to call them guidelines rather than rules. Some of them were way too black & white. Some were sappy crap. Some were important, wise reminders. And one was x-rated, hysterical, tears-rolling-down-my-face funny! (I’ve posted the link for that below)
Since everyone’s making lists, I’d like to present you with my own list:
- Eat healthy food 85% of the time. Always drink lots of water.
- You can only love others as much as you love yourself.
- Don’t do things out of obligation, or fear of what people will think of you.
- Throw out your ugly panties. Wear a bra that fits properly. You’re a goddess.
- Give out what you’d like to receive. Karma can be a bitch, baby.
- Dream BIG. Takes chances. It can turn out even better than you imagine!
- Take care of yourself FIRST in order to take care of others.
- Don’t compare and don’t judge. Allow yourself to be inspired instead.
- Let go of the past. Except happy memories. Be here now.
- We will get older, (dammit) but we don’t have to get old. That’s just a mindset
The x-rated list is here: http://tryingtobegood.com/love/how-to-be-ideal-seriously-I-got-this
XO Love, Donna